I really wanted to ride a camel. Really really. I mean, I wanted to do a trek in the Sahara, at least one night, but I knew it was out of the question with Clementine. So this was our ride: near Ait Benhaddou (kasbah), for fifteen minutes. Which was about . . . ten minutes too long for Clementine. So, you know, I don't think that trek would have gone over so well :-)
Jim's camel just really wanted to snack on tough desert plants.
My camel just really wanted to snack on Jim's camel's crotch.
These camels awaited at our guesthouse that evening. Aren't they great?
My life travel/adventure to-do list has many animal-riding experiences on it, including:
- reindeer trip up to see the Northern Lights. In Norway, maybe.
- elephant ride through a tiger preserve in India
- camel trek in the Sahara, several nights, with guitar-strumming and storytelling in the evenings :-)
- horse trek, maybe in New Zealand, all Lord of the Rings-y; or maybe Mongolia. Or ... Utah?
- dolphin to Atlantis. What?